Balwant Singh: I haven't decided my future yet

06:24 0 Comments

The prolific Indian forward was pleased to have made a mark this season after a couple of forgetful campaigns...
Churchill Brothers striker Balwant Singh was pleased to have been awarded the Indian Player of the Year at the Football Players Association of India (FPAI) Indian Football Awards ceremony.
He scored 16 goals in all competitions for the Goan outfit and most importantly, scored the winner against Salgaocar FC in a must-win tie which helped them retain their berth in next season's I-League.
“This is a great honour for me, especially after a couple of seasons when I was fighting injury.”
It was a great week for Churchill Brothers as they managed to save themselves from relegation in the final game week of the I-League. The forward mentioned that the team should focus on doing well in the AFC Cup.
"We still have one more AFC Cup match left and this will be our focus after saving relegation. The atmosphere in the dressing room is great after winning the last match and I hope that will help", he said.
When questioned about his plans for the future he said, “I have not decided anything about coming to Kolkata in the next year.”

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: