Jose Ramirez Barreto to be interviewed by Atletico officials

19:54 0 Comments

The Mohun Bagan legend will meet the Atletico Madrid officials on Tuesday afternoon.
Jose Ramirez Barreto will be appear for an interview before the Atletico Madrid officials visiting Kolkata on Tuesday.

"I will meet them in the afternoon. I think it will be an interview," the veteran Brazilian told Goal.
Amidst reports that the Kolkata franchise of the newly proposed Indian Super League (ISL) is offering him the position of an assistant coach, Barreto informed that he is still in dark about the exact role he is being thought of.

"This will be the first time we will be meeting. I still don't know anything about the exact role. I have not received any offer from them yet and will get to know everything today," he remarked.

The Kolkata franchise, which is all set to be unveiled this Wednesday, had reportedly offered several coaches from the I-League a chance to work in their franchisee but lately, Barreto has emerged as a frontrunner.
However, the striker who hung up his boots only a month ago, denied reports that Sourav Ganguly, one of the co-owners of the side contacted him.

"I was contacted by his office guys. No, he didn't call me at all," he told.

While some have come out openly in favour of the ISL, there are many critics who do not believe that the new venture would succeed.
"I think it's too early to have an opinion in it. We need to see how it works in this football environment. This is only the first season and one should have patience before giving an opinion about it. At the end of the day, I only hope that the football in this country improves," he said.

Barreto was conferred with a special award at the Football Players Association of India’s (FPAI) Indian Football Awards ceremony last week for his long service to Indian football.
"It's great to be recognized for what I have done in Indian football. I got the McDowell’s No. 1 Spirit award after my retirement and that indeed made me happy and proud of my achievements here," the legend signed off.

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: