'Winning the I-League will be our aim'- Mohammed Rafique

19:42 0 Comments

He mentioned that financial struggles of United Sports Club isn't the reason why he is leaving the Kolkata club...
Mohammed Rafique is still reveling after fulfilling his childhood dream to join one of the two historic clubs of Kolkata.
"I have signed a two year contract with East Bengal. It was my dream to represent one of the big two clubs Kolkata and I am still very excited that the dream will be fulfilled,” he told Goal.

The 21-year old didn’t have a great 2013-14 season due to a couple of injuries. He is determined to prove his mettle this time around.
"I think it will be a better season for us. The national league title has been out of Kolkata for almost a decade now and I hope East Bengal will be able to break the jinx," he hoped.
The former United Sports Club midfielder was named in the starting line-up on most occasions for his side and he backed the rule of at least one player under the age of 23 to be included in the first eleven of every team in the league.
"Yes, the rule must have helped me (play regulalrly). But now I will have to fight with the senior players also to get an opportunity in the club," he mentioned.
He hopes to perform consistently for East Bengal and especially in the high profile Kolkata derby.
"That (derby) is a big reason of joining East Bengal. Also the financial struggle is not the only reason I am leaving United,” he said.

Rafique’s next target is to catch national coach Wim Koevermans’s attention to be a part of the Asian Games squad this year.
"I hope to be part of the squad for the Asian Games. A place in the senior national team also remains an aim," he concluded.

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: